Oh gosh, does that mean I have to give TWENTY ONE weird/different facts about myself? I don’t know if I can think of that many, so I will think them up as I go along and will stop when I’m stumped. ha
Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged!
1. I’m TERRIFIED of lightening! I hate it, I can’t stand it, I wish I was a cat when it starts lightening so that I can crawl in an extremely small place and hide from it! I had an incident with it when I was younger, and don’t mess with it anymore!
2. I hate, Hate, HATE being scared! Because of this, I don’t watch horror flicks. I hate when someone startles me too. It makes me want to hurt someone! Ask Ric about the time he jumped in the room and scared me, and how he almost had a keyboard thrown at his head. I just hate being scared/startled!!!
3. I crushed my hand in a car accident in ’97. I had to have it reconstructed and had pins in it for a few months. I’m self-conscious about my left hand for this reason. This is why I don’t play volleyball, why I didn’t go ice skating in Rockefeller Center when I had the chance, why I won’t go roller skating, and many more things. It was approximately 5 MINUTES prior to all this when a friend and I were talking about how we had never had any bones broken. 5 minutes later I had a crushed hand and broken nose and she had broken ribs.
4. I was in a car accident two days before my wedding, thanks to a drunk driver. I despise drunk drivers. I was lucky I was paying attention so that I was able to swerve a little bit and not have to go down the aisle on a hospital bed.
5. There isn’t a moment that goes by, when I’m driving, that I don’t think to myself that someone is about to crash into me. I’m one of the most “alert” drivers there is (some would call me a “terrified driver”). (That is also because of past experiences). I HATE driving with anyone in the car with me. So I am not a good car-pooler, I would prefer someone else drive. I wish I could just hire a chauffer to drive me around for the rest of my life!
6. I have almost drowned twice. One time was in the ocean in FL, when I was sucked out into the waves. A surfer tried to save me and was having problems himself, so the “Baywatch” people in the white truck with the orange light on top came out to save me. It was quite embarrassing and my Mom jokes that I ust did it to “flirt” with the “Baywatch” guys. The other time was in the Black River in MO. I was on a float trip when I was younger, in an inner tube and was in the rapids when I was sucked under a motor boat that was on the river, and almost got my head chopped off because they didn’t realize the motor was still running with my head so close. Though I’m not scared of water at all.
7. I didn’t drink alcohol until 2 months AFTER I turned 21. I had about 2 months that I went “crazy” and was always drinking (not like I needed therapy, but like a normal “teenager” drinks). And I don’t drink at all anymore. . .just those three crazy months! I don’t really care for the taste of alcohol, so I RARELY drink now. I have also never seen or done any sort of drug in my life and never will!
8. I’m tired of desk jobs! I hate my job, though I pretend to love it every day. Though I do love all my co-workers and my bosses; just hate the actual work! My dream is to be a wedding photographer full-time. And when we have kid(s), I don’t want to be a stay-at-home Mom either.
9. When I was younger, I had “pigeon legs.” (Walked with them turned in.) So I had to wear braces on them when I was younger. I told an ex that, and he proceed to call me Forrest all the time, the jerk! LOL
10. I had a hernia when I was born, but that is taken care of waaaaaaaaay back then!
11. I used to HATE cats. I just didn’t care for them, and they scared me a little. An ex had one and I was doing my homework at his house one evening, and the cat laid on my text book, so I pushed him off (gently) and he bit me. I swore I would never like cats again. ha Then, for Valentine’s Day 2001 I surprised Ric with a cat. I LOVE my kitties and LOVE cats now. No more hatred towards the cat species!
12. I used to HATE spending the night at friends’/families’ houses. When I was younger if I were to go to a slumber party, I would always have a reason for Mom and Dad to have to come pick me up at night, so that I didn’t have to stay there.
13. I CAN’T WAIT for the day that I can finally talk my husband into moving to Highland (if possible), which, is the town I grew up in. I love it so much, I feel so comfortable there, and it is my dream to move back there some day. He doesn’t want to because “its too far away from civilization.” (Though I think he just doesn’t want to be that close to the in-laws.) HOPEFULLY one of these days we talk about moving back there. (I hope!)
14. I love, Love, LOVE going to the Muny! I wish it was a year-round thing! Last Easter Mom and Dad got Ric and I season tickets. I honestly thing it was one of my most favorite gifts I have ever received (aside from that Canon 5D I got this Christmas.) 😉
15. I don’t like the lights all the way on or all the way off. So the minute I get home from work, I go to each room and turn on a lamp in that room, or in the kitchen, turn on the small light over the stove.
16. My great, great, great, great, aunt is Mary Todd Lincoln. My brother’s middle name is Todd, named after the “Todd Family.”
17. I’m addicted to cruises. I have only been on two (since 2005), but can’t wait to go on my next cruise and can’t get enough of them. They’re addicting!!
18. When I’m walking down the sidewalk, I still look down and try not to step on any cracks. How silly of me! “Step on a crack and you break your Mama’s back.” I know, I’m just weird.
19. Going back to the photography thing. I take pictures of anything and everything. I’m a picture taker. Yet, I have pictures, dating back to the end of 2004, on my computer/on-line that I still haven’t printed out. I’m going to be spending a FORTUNE on pictures from Snapfish one of these days.
20. I drink at least 8 – 8 oz.s of water a day, during the week. I’m not so good at getting that much each day on the weekends.
21. My husband and I have basically switched “roles”. He cooks, cleans, does the laundry, cleans out the litter boxes, etc. I’m the “slob” in the house and sometimes he gets frustrated with me and all my stuff laying around. Though I HAVE gotten better. . .and he is EXTREMELY thankful for that! Oh, and I do do the dishes on days Ric cooks. I at least TRY being fair!